Introducing our new summer fruit fusions: Strawberry Lemonade and Mango Passion Fruit Puffs.
We love summer. Fruits are abundant and we want to use as many of of them as we can in our summer edition puffs so we decided to combine strawberry and lemon, and mango and passion fruit. The result? Sweet and tart puffs! Delicious!
These puffs will be available in our online shop through Aug 31, 2012.
Happy New Year!!! 新年快樂
Some of you will celebrate new year twice in the same month this year. The lunar new year falls on January 23 and to help with the celebration, we’d like to introduce our mandarin orange and lychee puffs.
Mandarin orange has always been a symbol of abundance and good fortune. You would normally see them displayed as decorations or presented as gifts. We decided to add our twist to this fruit and so… Voila! We present our mandarin orange puffs.
The other seasonal flavor we decided to introduce for the new year is lychee. For those of you who have had lychee before, you’re probably familiar with the “perfume” fragrance of the fruit. This fruit is native to Southern China and Southeast Asia but it is now cultivated in many parts of the world.
As with all our other fruit puffs, both flavors are made using real fruits. We use mandarin orange puree and lychee puree to flavor the puffs. There are no additional flavoring, preservatives or coloring in these puffs. Because there are additional coloring added, you’ll find that our mandarin orange puffs have only a slight orange tint to them that is from the puree, and our lychee puffs are snowy white, similar to our pineapple puffs, that is from its whitish pulp.
Both flavors are now available in Li’l Puffs Online Shop.
I’ve never had rice krispies treats until I came to the US. It’s so easy to make and it tastes so good! After I started making marshmallows, it occurred to me that these yummy treats don’t have to just come in vanilla flavor. I made one in raspberry flavor using my raspberry marshmallows and added toasted almonds in the mix for more crunch.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 (4oz) package of Li’l Puffs Raspberry Marshmallows
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Toast almonds in preheated 350F oven for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add raspberry marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix in Rice Krispies cereal and toasted almonds. Stir until well coated.
- Spread the mixture using a silicone spatula evenly into an 8x8x2 inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into 4-inch long strips when cool.
- Best if served the same day.
- For thicker treats, double the recipe.
- Add 1/4 cup more rice krispies if you like firmer rice krispies treats.
- Based on the original Rice Krispies treats recipe from Kellogg’s.