I was experimenting with a new recipe yesterday that called for egg yolks. That experiment was a failure but on a positive note, I have egg whites!
What do you normally do with egg whites? I make Lidah Kucing, also known as Cat’s Tongue cookies, with mine. It’s a 4-ingredient cookie and it’s easy to make.
- 2 egg whites
- 70 gram sugar
- 100 gram unsalted butter
- 80 gram flour
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Whip butter until light and fluffy
- Whisk egg whites and add sugar gradually until it reaches stiff peaks
- Add egg whites to the whipped butter, then fold in the flour
- Pipe into cylinders and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet until cooled then store in an airtight container.