I can have sweet potatoes everyday of the year. They’re sweet and delicious whichever way they’re prepared. Since it’s almost Thanksgiving, there is an abundance of sweet potatoes and yams.
I used Hawaiian purple sweet potatoes though you can use any type of sweet potato or yam in this recipe.
Serving size: 2-3
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- A handful of pineapple marshmallows*
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, brown sugar and water. Stir well.
- Cover saucepan and let simmer over low heat until sweet potatoes are tender about 15 minutes. Stir every 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place into serving ware.
- Sprinkle a handful of pineapple marshmallows over the sweet potatoes and toast using a creme brulee torch, or you can toast under the oven broiler for a couple minutes.