I’ve never had rice krispies treats until I came to the US. It’s so easy to make and it tastes so good! After I started making marshmallows, it occurred to me that these yummy treats don’t have to just come in vanilla flavor. I made one in raspberry flavor using my raspberry marshmallows and added toasted almonds in the mix for more crunch.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 (4oz) package of Li’l Puffs Raspberry Marshmallows
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Toast almonds in preheated 350F oven for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add raspberry marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix in Rice Krispies cereal and toasted almonds. Stir until well coated.
- Spread the mixture using a silicone spatula evenly into an 8x8x2 inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into 4-inch long strips when cool.
- Best if served the same day.
- For thicker treats, double the recipe.
- Add 1/4 cup more rice krispies if you like firmer rice krispies treats.
- Based on the original Rice Krispies treats recipe from Kellogg’s.